Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Beginning

Let me start off by saying... I've never done this before. Not exactly where to start.

Recently, I was working at an office job for the last year of my life. Day after day, sitting in front of a computer for 9 hours. Mind numbing.

Before I worked at the office, I had decided to venture out into the world of beauty and fashion, as a hairstylist. After working in a great salon for over 2 years, I threw it all away because I was a struggling, "starving artist". So I found this job, and at first it was great! The money was fantastic and I had full benefits!

Until recently, I quit the office job and made the decision to get back into hairdressing. Then I did my taxes.  Absolutely depressing to see the kind of money I was making versus the money I will be making struggling to build my clientele the first year. I could feel the rocks in the pit of my stomach.

Then, my first day back at the salon...


I created this.
Then the very next day, I created...


Any financial doubt I had went right out the window!  Those first few days reminded me how much I love being a hairdresser. 

No comments:

Post a Comment